The Sr. Technician is a hand-on, non-exempt, pre-supervisor position, responsible for assisting in the scheduling, coordinating, supervising, training, and reviewing the work of manufacturing teams assigned to perform routine duties in the operation and preparation of equipment and material, and reports directly to the Supervisor. The position is accountable for efficient and effective use of assigned staff, supplies, equipment, and time to provide optimum service. The position is accountable for ensuring the safety of the workforce, the correct and safe use of equipment and the adherence to all GMP objectives and other applicable requirements.
The candidate will be required to function effectively on cross-functional project teams, in both leadership and team-member roles.
• Should also be capable of performing basic supervisory duties in the absence of the supervisor.
• Completion of batch records, forms, equipment, facility logs, and labels.
• Operates silicone manufacturing equipment such as mixer, compounding, molding, labeling, and packaging equipment.
• Supports the business unit R&D activities by manufacturing sample size excipients
• Performs materials and components check-in, sampling, and identity testing.
• Manufactures, labels, and packages silicone excipient and API’s under cGMP requirements.
• Performs equipment and facility cleaning, maintenance, and calibration.
• Maintains raw-material records and internal inventory tracking including accepted, quarantined and rejected materials to ensure proper utilization and accounting of materials.
• Ensures high levels of staff productivity by reviewing inspections, reports, and physically observing work performed. Assists in developing performance standards and evaluation of staff.
• Provides or coordinates training of new and existing operators in areas such as, but not limited to safe work techniques, time-saving methods, use and documentation of run sheets, and identification of safety concerns.
• Perseveres through various working conditions to complete tasks and projects. Takes appropriate measures to meet department needs and timelines, and to address team shortcomings.
• Develops personal strategies for juggling competing demands. Examines the impact of current and/or upcoming changes on the work group processes and provides direction to others on adjusting accordingly.
• Knowledge of process production activities in a chemical or mechanical manufacturing environment
• H.S. graduate with a minimum of 5-year experience in excipient and/or API’s manufacturing
• A.A. in Chemistry or other physical sciences with a minimum 3-year experience in excipient and/or API’s manufacturing
• B.A. or B.S degree in Chemistry or other physical sciences with a minimum 1-year experience in excipient and/or API’s manufacturing
• Working knowledge of functions within a typical business supply chain (e.g., shipping, receiving, order procurement / purchasing, scheduling and execution) required.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Computer literate (MS WORD/EXCEL)
• Knowledge of cGMP, ISO, OSHA, HazWoper, and other governmental regulatory requirements preferred.
• Prior experience with silicone manufacturing using mixer, compounding, and molding equipment preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.