NuSil's new LSRs, the MED-5800 series, feature both more efficient rheometry, or "cure profiles", and more consistent viscosities. The result is better in-mold performance – minimal scorch, more efficient fills, lower flash, shorter cure times, less waste – that enables fabricators of critical implantable devices to achieve both higher yields and faster throughputs.
- Two-part, translucent silicone system designed for use with injection molding equipment
- Rapid cure with no post-cure required
- 1:1 Mix Ratio (Part A: Part B)
- For the injection molding of parts requiring a material with a medium durometer including: molded rubber stoppers, gaskets, seals, valves, o-rings and other precision parts
- Suitable for over-molding applications
- Can be used with NuSil’s healthcare color masterbatches for applications requiring colored silicones
NuSil Technology’s MED-5850 may be considered for use in human implantation for a period of greater than 29 days.
Display in metric units
50 Type A
||A: 80 / B: 65 g/minute
|Stress @ Strain
||190 psi / 200 %
The above properties are tested on a lot-to-lot basis. Do not use as a basis for preparing specifications. Please contact NuSil Technology for assistance and recommendations in establishing particular specifications.